Question: early pregnancy

newmom - Mon Sep 13, 2004 9:48 am

I am very concerned as I just found out I am pregnant and I was recently in a hot tub. I have done some reading on this and everything I read relates miscarraiges to hot tubs and/or spinal development problems such a spina bifida. I went into the hot tub twice in the course of one weekend about 4 weeks into my pregnancy. Both times I was in for approx. 10 minutes. Have I done damage????
 Dr. Russell M - Mon Sep 13, 2004 2:00 pm

User avatar Hi!

Have you begun your prenatal care? Have you discussed your fears with your obstetrician?

bill
 newmom - Thu Sep 16, 2004 9:51 am

I went for my first ultrasound and they said they could only see the gestational sac and it was too early to tell anything else. I have rescheduled for two weeks from now. My main concern is that in all the pregnancy books abdominable cramping suggest ectopic pregnancy or miscarraige??? I have what feels like menstrual cramps for 3+ weeks straight. Is there any other reason this may occur?
 Dr. Russell M - Fri Sep 17, 2004 12:48 pm

User avatar Hi!

I don't think one can diagnose ectopic pregnancy or miscarriage by the presence of just cramps, without vaginal bleeding. When the USG was done, was it done on the lower abdomen or was it done transvaginally?

bill