Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Obstetrics

Question: early pregnancy

newmom - Mon Sep 13, 2004 9:48 am

I am very concerned as I just found out I am pregnant and I was recently in a hot tub. I have done some reading on this and everything I read relates miscarraiges to hot tubs and/or spinal development problems such a spina bifida. I went into the hot tub twice in the course of one weekend about 4 weeks into my pregnancy. Both times I was in for approx. 10 minutes. Have I done damage????
 Dr. Russell M - Mon Sep 13, 2004 2:00 pm

User avatar Hi!

Have you begun your prenatal care? Have you discussed your fears with your obstetrician?

bill
 newmom - Thu Sep 16, 2004 9:51 am

I went for my first ultrasound and they said they could only see the gestational sac and it was too early to tell anything else. I have rescheduled for two weeks from now. My main concern is that in all the pregnancy books abdominable cramping suggest ectopic pregnancy or miscarraige??? I have what feels like menstrual cramps for 3+ weeks straight. Is there any other reason this may occur?
 Dr. Russell M - Fri Sep 17, 2004 12:48 pm

User avatar Hi!

I don't think one can diagnose ectopic pregnancy or miscarriage by the presence of just cramps, without vaginal bleeding. When the USG was done, was it done on the lower abdomen or was it done transvaginally?

bill

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us