Question: Brown and late period. Pregnancy chance?

terrylastt - Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:33 am

My ex-girlfriend's period was late by 2 days. She had a bleeding, but its color was brown (not red) and it lasted around 2-3 days(her period is usually around 4-5 days). The last time we did sex (protected with a condom, but not sure about efficiency) was at least 16 days before that bleeding. Unfortunately, we broke up and I have no chance to contact her to ask a pregnancy test. Are these (2 days late, brown and 2-3 days bleeding) a sign of pregnancy?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:44 pm

User avatar The symptoms you describe can occur in early pregnancy but are not necessarily indicative of it. A pregnancy test is the only way to know if this is the case because normal periods can also vary. If you are worried, I would still try to contact her.

Best wishes to you both.