Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: condom came off and i am worried

 amoe21 - Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:50 am

I was having sex with my girlfriend and my condom came off. I had just came inside the condom. Now the condom is stuck inside my girlfriend and she says she can not reach it. How can we get the condom out?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:30 pm

User avatar Hello Amoe21,

If the condom is unable to be retrieved I would recommend your girlfriend see her gynecologist. Her doctor can retrieve the condom. It is important to have the condom removed because it may potentially be a source for an infection.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us