Question: Brownish bleeding, taking the Pill and had Unprotected Sex

babydoll - Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:33 pm

Okay so heres the story...... Im a 19 year old female and last month in the middle of my cycle of Ortho Tricyclen Lo the pack went missing, I called their hotline then told me how to handle it. At the time I was bleeding ( I thought it was my period) the nurse told me it was irregular bleeding but it was to be expected. So I started taking this pack of birth control and everything seemed to be okay. A week ago I had sex without a condom for the first time ever! Ive been sexually active for two years and on birth control for about a year...... so naturally i started to freak when i was getting pains and then started the weird brow/dark sometime pinkish bleeding. I have two more active pills to take, today and tmrw... then Im supposed to start my period and I usually do within three days. Should I be concerned that I am bleeding, the nurse I had talked to told me I might not get my period this month but now im bleeding. Its not enough to wear a pad but when I wipe it can be heavy and pink at times. Is this just the spotting they say is a side effect of the pill or should I be concerned...

Help I cant really tell my parents cause they will freak out. I think it's too soon for me to be worried that im pregnant, and my boyfriend feels the same way and is worried that something is physically wrong with me. :-(
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:55 am

Adjusting to the pill often causes midcycle bleeding which can go on for a few months. Usually within four months things have settled down. I would not worry about this if I were you. If it continues beyond a few months and/or you have other symptoms, you should call the provider who prescribed the pill.