Question: Depo Provera

splume - Fri Sep 17, 2004 6:41 pm

I have not had my last depo shot since december 2003. Yet I have not started my period up again, is this normal? when should I expect it to return? and should I be consulting my gyn?
 Dr. Russell M - Wed Sep 22, 2004 12:18 pm

User avatar Hi!

How long did you use depo provera before stopping it? As far as depo and menses go, one has to expect the unexpected. But 6 months should be time enough for the cycles to regularize after drug cessation. Seeking an expert OBGYN opinion would be helpful.

bill
 sweatdreamin - Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:52 pm

I was on Depo Provera for a little over two years. My 3-months were up in March and I chose not to continue taking the shot because of the calcium news. I have yet to have my period and I am starting to worry that something may be wrong. I have taken multiple pregnancy tests, only to find out I am not pregnant (a relief at this point in my life :P ). However I do plan on having a familyat some point. I am worried that being on the shot for so long has messed me up somehow. Anykind of information would be extremely helpful to me! Thank you!
 chick99 - Tue Aug 16, 2005 10:47 pm

I've had the same problem, I started depo and then decided not to get the last shot , well I didn't get my period for a year. It's kind of nice but it does come back