Question: vaginal itch

sandy0660 - Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:34 pm

I have had an itch in my vagina for over a month. It had stopped about a week ago and it just started again. I have no discharge or a bad odor in my vagina, just an itch. Should I use a yeast infection product?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:23 am

It is advised that you have it checked out to be sure yeast is the culprit if you haven't had a yeast infection before. If you had a history of this, you would likely recognize it correctly. A bacterial infection would require different medication. Some women do choose to go ahead and self treat, then see the doctor if this doesn't clear it up. So, I guess it's really up to you to do what you feel good about.