Question: irregular cycle

jesuslvr002 - Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:55 pm

Thank you for taking the time to help. I had a Mirena IUD removed on Sept 7. My last period started August 26. Since then I expected to start my period on time since my DR. told me it should not effect my cycles. My husband and I are ttc and are waiting to make sure that my body is "in shape" before we start. So as of right now I am on cycle day 34. I have yet to start my period and am having some fertile cervical mucous. Could I have had an anovulatory cycle? Did the removal possibly effect my cycles? I have heard that taking B6 would help to thicken the lining of my uterus which is a scare for me. I don't want to concieve and not be able to "hold" the pregnancy. Is there anything I should do or should I just wait. I have taken a home pregnancy test and got a negative. I figured I wasn't but just to be sure. I might need to add that the IUD was removed earlier than we had planned due to some very painful cramping. I also had some nausea here and there but the cramping was a killer. Thanks again!
 Dr. Russell M - Sat Oct 02, 2004 10:56 am

User avatar Hi!

Have you discussed with your doctor regarding your problem? Around 20% of patients on Mirena intrauterine device experience amenorrhea (cessation of menses). I am not aware how removal of the device could affect the cycles.

bill
 jesuslvr002 - Sat Oct 02, 2004 12:16 pm

I called them and they said to take a pregnancy test. I was told if it was negative to wait a month and if there is still no period to come on in. I am assuming they would give me something like Provera.