Question: no periods, trying for baby , nipples leaking

pickyneedshelp - Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:22 pm

after having my daughter 11 yrs ago I was having very irregular periods(like every 3-4 months) but after I first had her I didn't bleed for two yrs. I had went to the drs and they said everything was ok but I could take BC if I wanted to but I would of liked to have another child so I declined. To make a long story short for the last two and a half yrs I haven't had a reg. period. My dr gave me some to purg the period twice now and the last time was Aug. of 07 and it did give me a period. Haven't had one since. I am trying to have another child. I get once a month the feeling of peroid cramps but no period.The last couple weeks my nipples have been leaking this brownish liquid from the one and also clear liquid from both. I have taken a few home tests and are neg. Could the leaking be something wrong or could I really be pregnat?
Please help
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:37 pm

Of course pregnancy is possible but I would be concerned that you are having hormonal problems that may be resulting in you not ovulating. If I were you I would see a gynecologist to have your hormone levels evaluating, check for possible problems such as PCOS, pituitary problems, etc. and evaluate whether or not intervention might be needed. These days there are many methods to help a woman achieve a pregnancy. If you have been actively trying to conceive for over two years without having regular periods, it is very likely you may be a candidate for some fertility help.

pickyneedshelp - Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:21 am

I have done hormone tess and mri's and lots of other tests and they have concluded that it is because I am overweight. I think I may see if there are some kind of specialists or I might need a second opinion.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:31 am

Frequently being overweight is associated with PCOS which affects your glucose regulation as well as fertility. If this is the case, it can be treated. In the meantime any weight loss you can manage will help your cause. If I were you I would join Weight Watchers and launch an exercise program. Water aerobics is one of the best for overweight women to do. You don't need to swim to do it so check the local pools to find a class. Losing some weight will help prepare you for pregnancy and reduce your risk of high blood pressure - a major complication of pregnancy.