Question: ovarian problems

tulip18 - Sun Oct 03, 2004 10:13 am

I am 18 and have had cysts alot. everytime i have an ultrasound i have a cyst. at the moment i am experiencing pain in my lower left pelvic region that is aggrivated by walking and sometimes changing positions. im not sure if the pain is due to my ovary. ive been very constipated for a while i can go to the bathroom its just either not a full length or is hard to pass. i started having stomach pain then pain in my lower left side. i have a discharge that looks clear with a bit of white and it has a texture like gooey snot....thanks for ur help....
 Carolyn Merritt, LPN - Sun Oct 03, 2004 10:51 am

User avatar Dear Tulip18:
I remember writing to you before about this. In fact I have noted at least 8 posts from you on this subject. I wonder then what it is you are wanting us to say that we havent already said. Obviously you are very concerned to have written so many times on the same subject. And obviously the answers you have gotten have not satisfied you or relieved your concerns. There is not much more that can be said about your chronic constipation problems and resulting pain from it. Therefore, I seriously suggest you seek the advice of your own physician and perhaps he can help you to understand exactly what your problems are.
Regards,
Carolyn
 tulip18 - Sun Oct 03, 2004 1:32 pm

i would see a doctor but i have no money and can not do so. i keep asking questions because i keep developing new symptoms. i really thought this was a good site because the doctors do seem to care and write back. i just like to know that nothing is serious.
 Carolyn Merritt, LPN - Sun Oct 03, 2004 1:57 pm

User avatar Dear Tulip18:
I do appreciate your concerns and I realize it is expensive to seek medical care. I believe I gave you some suggestions to follow in regards to your constipation problems that may alleviate your discomfort. Have you been able to follow them? As a reminder, they are:
1.Eat foods high in fiber, (fresh fruit and vegetales and whole grains such as whole wheat bread, brown rice).
2.Refrain from eating foods that cause gas, such as (cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, beans, and carbonated beverages).
3. Drink at least 8 large glasses of water each day.
4. Take a stool softener. (eg. Docusate Sodium) daily
5. Eliminate as much worry and stress from your life as possible.
6. Exercise each day to stimulate regular bowel movements.
7. Attempt to have a bowel movement 1/2 hour after eating a full meal. Do this each day to retrain your bowel to have bowel movements regularly. If at first your bowels don't move, keep attempting it at the same time each day until you develop regular bowel movements each day.
8. If stool feels hard, use a glycerin suppository inserted in the rectum to soften the stool.
Following this regimen will take time and you may not feel relief right away. It could take up to two weeks until you feel better. I do believe though that if you start doing these things much of your problems will be eliminated. You are welcome to use this forum whenever you like, however to receive the most benefit from it you need to follow the suggestions offered before reasking the same questions.
Good Health To You,
Carolyn