Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: puberty

 bob - Sun Oct 03, 2004 2:36 pm

erm.. ok, :oops: im 16 and not pubicly devloped or developing at a significant rate. i was taking ritalin for 7 years whitch stunts growth so i started late, now i have stoped taking it i feel i am under developed. What should i do ???
 Theresa Jones, RN - Mon Oct 04, 2004 3:36 am

User avatar Hi bob,
If you are otherwise heathly with your physical exam, don't be overly concerned, and give eveything a little time to catch up. Everyone doesn't develop at the same rate. You may want to discuss matters with your family doctor though to alleviate your concerns.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us