Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: injury to female genitals

jesuslove - Sun Oct 10, 2004 11:48 pm

Dear Dr.
When I was 16 (19 years ago) I jumped a hurdle while running track and fell on it, this resulted in a large hematoma between my legs and I spent almost a month in the hospital. There is so much scar tissue that still swells and I am trying to find out more information but do not remember the medical terminology of this injury, what would it have been called and could this be any reason why I am haveing a hard time getting pregnant?
Thank you,
jesuslove :?
 Dr. Russell M - Mon Oct 11, 2004 4:46 pm

User avatar Hi!

I am not exactly sure what it is that you suffered. Was it perineal hematoma? or vaginal hematoma?

What did your obgyn answer as to your questions?

bill
 jesuslove - Mon Oct 11, 2004 11:18 pm

I tried to discuss it with my obgyn, and he said the swelling on the right side had nothing to do with that....but he really was not listening. I guess it would of been a vaginal hematoma, I hit the right side of my vagina on the hurdle and had a hematoma about the size of a volleyball, the streching of the skin left alot of scar tissue...this is where it is swelling during sex but here lately the swelling has stayed even now with no sex for 4 days. Is there any where I can find more information on this injury in women and problems it has caused?
 Dr. Russell M - Wed Oct 13, 2004 1:28 am

User avatar Hi!

I can only suggest you seek consultation from a more experienced obgyn.

bill

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us