Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: I NEED A DIAGNOSIS

smartin - Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:30 pm

Hi my name is Sara. I seem to have many symptoms of cushings, and locah. I havent been able to get a diagnosis. Here are my symptoms:
weight gain, 100 pounds in 4 years, 50 this last year
hair growth on upper lip, chest, and belly
depression
buffalo hump
purple straie
muscle weakness
no energy
confusion
memory loss
fatiuge
There are probably more I just cant remeber right now. I havent been able to work ofr almost a year now. I sleep alot, and I just cant function as a normal person. I don't eat very much. I hurt a lot, and many days I just cant get up and deal with my problems.
I have had a 24 hour urine cortisol test done and the doc said it came back normal.

PPPPPPPPPPPlease help me! :(
 Dr. Russell M - Thu Oct 21, 2004 12:17 am

User avatar Hi!

Although I cannot be nearer a diagnosis without a clinical examination, a possible discussion with your doctor could include the PolyCystic Ovarian Disease. Have your cycles been normal?

bill
 Aggeyeth - Mon Sep 19, 2005 6:56 am

Sara!

Wow talk about bringing back the memories; your symptoms sounded EXACTLY what i was like for months and months.

I had most of your symptoms and had had enough so i went to a female GP in the city whom diagnosed me with Polycyctic Ovarian Syndrome like Bill said..

Also i had many allergies and chronically low iron which led to how i was feeling..

It may not be convenient but i'd see your doctor..get an ultrasound and skin allergy tests..

I'd higly reccomend it, i never thought i'd feel good again but i do =)

Goodluck with it all,
Amy.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us