Question: No period in two months, can this just be endometriosis?

ladyk1175 - Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:14 pm

I am 32 years old. I have never had a problem with my period before, not even cramps. In the last year I have begun having severe pains in my lower pelvic area and lower back around the time of my period. Some months are really bad, while others I don't hardly notice the pain. For the past two months however I have not had a period of all. There is NO chance of pregnancy (abstanace). However I still have pains in the pelvic area and lower back. Should I be concerned that it is more than endometriosis?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:39 pm

It could be caused by endometriosis but it is always good to have pain checked out by a doctor unless it resolves on its own rather quickly. There are many organs in the abdomen which can have problems so you need an exam to find out what is going on.