Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: ttc periods getting shorter

anamika78 - Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:43 pm

Hi,

I am 30 and ttc since 1.5 years. I just got my tests done and all hormone levels are ok.

But i have observed my periods have become much shorter. When they started when i was 13, they laster 5 days- 1st day medium bleeding, 2nd day heavy, 3rd day medium, little on 4th and very little on 5th. This process came to fit into 4 days when I was around 26-27 years old. After marriage, became shorter and since a few months this whole process is over in 48 hours.

I was wondering if this could be the reason i am not able to conceive? But the hormone tests are all ok.

Is this something i should be worried about ?

Waiting for your reply.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:10 pm

User avatar Hello,
No, this is not likely to have anything to do with your conception attempts. However, you might want to have an evaluation. Your husband could get a sperm count through a urologist and if that looks fine your doctor might be able to intervene if you are possibly not ovulating every month. Sometimes it just takes patience.

Good luck

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us