Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: GYN says there's nothing wrong

sapphire85 - Tue Nov 02, 2004 1:56 pm

I am a 19 year old female and been having a real bad problem for over a year now. Different Gyn say nothing is wrong, Std tests show nothing. I have also stop douching, but the problem persists. I have a real bad smelly discharge which is yellow to white in color at times a light brown it may become itchey but this is very rare, sometimes i feel it pouring out and thinks it's my period but it's the discharge. I have to wash up really good before sex and even during sex although i wash up it smells like fish. It become embrassing at times because sometimes i can smell it when i'm siting down through my jeans. I also wear thong underwear and panites that are colorful, I need help seriously. doctors say i'm ok. But i know this is not normal. Please help!!!!
 Dr. Russell M - Tue Nov 09, 2004 1:52 pm

User avatar Hi!

I believe you could be suffering from bacterial vaginosis. Were you tested by any of your Gyn for the cause of vaginal discharge, like a swab? You may need to take medications.

bill
 mmmmpppp - Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:31 am

i have the exact same problem.i am 19 too and sexually active.but it is often very itchy and its has begun to smell really bad.as u said..i can smell thru my jeans.its brownish in colour.i am scared its STD,but i have been with one guy only and he's been with me only.i desperately want help.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us