Question: colorless,odourless liquid coming from vagina

sarahjohn - Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:15 pm

Hello dr,

i have been getting water kinda a liquid out of the vagina. im married and sexually active. i have undergone a gynec checkup and a ultra sound last july 20th, just as a regular checkup. everything was reported normal.but my periods in august (15th of august) month was not normal. it was very very little bleeding that existed for five days. also, i had sex just 7 days before my periods. and now suddenly for the past 3 days, i notice this liquid coming out of my vagina, the whole day. it is colorless, odorless and i don't have any itching or pain. what cud it be? im very much worried and also i have been trying to get pregnant. help me pls.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:57 pm

Your monthly cycle results in changing hormones and discharge is a common result. Without pain, odor or itching it is likely just this normal fluid that is part of your body's health. The discharge often changes with ovulation so you may find that you can predict your days of fertility based on these changes. Many women can once they tune into their bodies. Do not be concerned. This is what panty liners are for.