Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: vaginal pain during foreplay

eca06ljc - Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:32 pm

My girlfriends vagina hurts when she gets aroused even though i havnt touched her yet, has no effect on lubrication she just says that it hurts whenever she starts to feel aroused, any ideas what this could be?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:32 pm

User avatar Hello,
If the pain were associated with penetration it would be different but since it occurs prior to that, the thought is some kind of infection. However, I would expect that to be present without any sexual activity as well so I am at a loss here. There could be psychological factors at play here so it would be wise for her to see a doctor to be sure there is nothing physical going on and if that is the case, perhaps seeing a therapist would be a good idea. People can have suppressed memories of previous trauma. This is just a thought but my best guess based on such limited information.

Best wishes.
 kastur - Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:40 am

my girlfriend too got a pain deep in her vagina near her cervical region when she was aroused. she didnt penetrate herself.she is a virgin. whats the problem? is there anything to worry about concerning fertility or anything?

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us