Question: Period/Birth Control Issues - HELP

lexi - Sat Nov 13, 2004 7:12 pm

I have been on the birth control pill Yasmin for fourth months, I was taking it every day because I didn't want to see my period. About 3 weeks ago, before I was done with the pack, my period started. I've been bleeding daily for three weeks now and I was hoping that someone could tell me what was wrong. I won't be able to visit my gynecologist for another month or so.
 Kirsty_Oz - Sun Nov 14, 2004 6:52 am

if you are skipping the sugar pills in order to avoid your period 'spot bleeding can occur'. however i don't know the reasons as to why it has continued for three weeks.
hopefully a full trained (not half like me) professional will be able to help you out.
 AngelEyes - Tue Nov 16, 2004 10:28 am

I am no expert, but the same thing happened to me, both on the pill and the needle. When i was on the needle, i was period free for 3 years, then one day i got it and i had bleeding for 5 weeks. I was informed to try going off the needle and onto the pill. While on the pill, i did the same thing as you ( with the ok from my DR) and i skipped the sugar pills and would take 3 weeks and 3 weeks and 3 weeks, then one week off. Then again 3 weeks 3 times in a row, then I got my period. My DR then informed me to try a different kind of pill. Which worked again for a while, then got my period again. I now am off everything, and trying to give my body a cleansing period before trying anything else again. Now, everyone has different circumstances and different bodies, but maybe talk to your DR about trying a different kinda of b/c.