Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: brown discharged ,no period negative and positive test

Roxxane - Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:58 am

Hi
I have my regular perios always but this month I didnt have period like always I was due on september 2 but it never show up so I get on 3 of september a little brownish spotting for one day with cramps that get worst at night and nauseas but I am having sex without protection with my husband but we are trying to conceive for 7 years I do treatments but nothing works bye the way I took a home pregnancy next day 4 of september like 11 am and it came invalid then the next one negative but I wasnt sure so I wait to next day in the morning but with a different brand a better one and it came invalid again but the next one the same time came positve the next day september 5 I went to ER beacause my abdominal cramps get worst and I was vomiting and they took a blood and urine test all came back negative no pregnancy no infections and they did a test for std they said if something wrong they call me but that same day they give me a vicodin prescription for pain and they said uknown pain ok they never call me from hospital so I don't have std infections or nothing but i still have the pain scramps what could be ,can i be pregnant ?
Im scared
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:49 pm

User avatar Hello,
It is possible you are in early pregnancy that was not yet showing up on the testing. Some women test negative for a while when pregnant. It is also possible you are just having a little unusual period. Cycles vary considerably with hormonal fluctuation and sometimes cramping is worse than other times.

I assume you are seeing a doctor for evaluation of your infertility, though you did not specify what "treatments" you have had. This is important to rule out possible lack of ovulation, blockage, infertile husband, etc.

I do not think you need to be alarmed and doubt this is anything serious.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us