Question: brown discharged ,no period negative and positive test

Roxxane - Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:58 am

Hi
I have my regular perios always but this month I didnt have period like always I was due on september 2 but it never show up so I get on 3 of september a little brownish spotting for one day with cramps that get worst at night and nauseas but I am having sex without protection with my husband but we are trying to conceive for 7 years I do treatments but nothing works bye the way I took a home pregnancy next day 4 of september like 11 am and it came invalid then the next one negative but I wasnt sure so I wait to next day in the morning but with a different brand a better one and it came invalid again but the next one the same time came positve the next day september 5 I went to ER beacause my abdominal cramps get worst and I was vomiting and they took a blood and urine test all came back negative no pregnancy no infections and they did a test for std they said if something wrong they call me but that same day they give me a vicodin prescription for pain and they said uknown pain ok they never call me from hospital so I don't have std infections or nothing but i still have the pain scramps what could be ,can i be pregnant ?
Im scared
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:49 pm

It is possible you are in early pregnancy that was not yet showing up on the testing. Some women test negative for a while when pregnant. It is also possible you are just having a little unusual period. Cycles vary considerably with hormonal fluctuation and sometimes cramping is worse than other times.

I assume you are seeing a doctor for evaluation of your infertility, though you did not specify what "treatments" you have had. This is important to rule out possible lack of ovulation, blockage, infertile husband, etc.

I do not think you need to be alarmed and doubt this is anything serious.