Question: C-section worries

ashleyj2006 - Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:51 pm

I just had a c-section on september 14 and it has been about a week now and i have noticed an ooze that is coing out of a small opening in the incision. I was wondering if this is normal and if it is what color should the ooze be becasue mine is almost a reddish brown and kinda cloudy looking. How long are you in pain after it cause i am running out of pain killers that they gave me. What do i do for pain??
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:07 pm

If you are having incisional discharge and pain you should see your doctor. Call the office and let them know you have concerns about the incision and it needs to be checked. It is possible you could develop an infection or the site can open up. It is best to be safe. Also, your doctor can call in additional pain relievers to your pharmacy so talk to them about that too.