Question: continous spot bleeding with mirena coil

jodie21 - Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:03 pm

hi i had a mirena coil fitted in april and its been fine untill now, i had my period 3 weeks ago and since then i have been spot bleeding continously, my periods have been fine untill now could you tell me why this might be.thanks jodi
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:16 pm

This is one of the commonly reported side effects. It is probably hormonal and since we fluctuate in that area it is not necessarily consistent over the entire time you have had the IUD. It will likely stop on its own in time but if it is too bothersome and continues, you may not want to keep it.