Question: Spotting During Pregnancy

J_Doe_145 - Fri Nov 26, 2004 3:47 pm

I am 24 and found out I am pregnant with my first child. My husband and I have not had any success concieving for 2 years and now I should be about 6 weeks pregnant. My LMP was Oct. 19. Yesterday I began spotting. At first it was redish brown and now just brown. I have had some cramping but not as severe as my normal period. My breast were sore for the last few weeks and now they seem to be less sore. My husband says they are still swollen. Also I was lactating at the beginning of nov. and prolactin and pregnancy was negative and theat was on nov. 8. Positive pregnancy test on nov. 22 via blood. Urine was positive from the 17th. No other pain to speak of and my lower abdomin feels normal I cannot palpate anything. Oh one more thing this spotting started almost exactly 24 hrs after intercourse.
 Theresa Jones, RN - Sun Nov 28, 2004 4:59 am

User avatar Hi J_Doe_145,
Generally speaking a brown discharge is a sign of "old blood" You could have possibly had some irritation of the vagina or cervix that may cause that. I would however suggest that you contact your doctor since you are in the early stages of pregnancy to alleviate any concerns.
 J_Doe_145 - Tue Nov 30, 2004 2:59 pm

I thankyou for your help and I also noticed it said you are from north central WV I just moved from a town near clarksburg, WV.
 Theresa Jones, RN - Fri Dec 03, 2004 5:37 pm

User avatar Hi J_Doe_145,
You are very welcome. During the last post, I meant to congratulate you on your pregnancy and I wish you well :)
Theresa (Rntdj)