Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Obstetrics

Question: numb pinkies-- also pregnant

kimbervillas - Mon Nov 29, 2004 5:38 pm

Yesterday I was sweeping and when I was done I noticed my pinky fingers were throbbing. I looked at them more closely and realized they were swollen and numb. My ring fingers were also slightly swollen and numb. They werent super swollen, but enough that I noticed and that when I bent at the joint they felt stiff.

This lasted about 3 hours. It went away and hasn't been back since.

I am approx. 8 weeks pg and I havent had many symptoms except major dizziness after eating and after showering. I get lightheaded and feel like I am going to vomit, but I have yet to do so. After the numbness went away I had a major episode of dizziness.

Just wondering what it is or if I need to call my OB
Thanks, Kim
 Dr. Russell M - Mon Dec 06, 2004 4:30 pm

User avatar Hi!

When was the last you had your blood pressure measured? Have you noticed edema of your feet? When is your next obgyn appointment?

bill
 kimbervillas - Mon Dec 06, 2004 6:43 pm

I have my first OB apt tomorrow, so hopefully I will have answers tomorrow. I don't have any swelling in any extremities. And I havent had this happen again since. I also havent had my bp measured in awhile.

Thanks for the response

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us