Question: One night stand - vaginal itching, constant clear discharge

xoxonicolexoxo - Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:31 pm

I just got out of a six year relationship. (im only 22 so i have never really been single til now) In the past month i have had 2 one night stands...One about 3 weeks ago and another last weekend...I Have recently started having slight vaginal itching, a constant clear discharge, dark yellow urine with a slight odor, and very sensitive to the touch...I'm not sure if this is due to the one night stands..But i am very uncomfortable and really want to find out whats wrong with me
 Debbie Miller, RN - Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:22 pm

You could have a urinary tract infection, a bacterial vaginosis or yeast overgrowth. You would need to see your health care provider to determine which it is and what treatment is needed. If it is yeast, you can treat it over-the-counter with anti-fungal cream but in the other two scenarios, a prescription is needed. Also, you are putting yourself at risk for sexually transmitted diseases, especially if you are not using condoms so give some serious thought to this precaution. Some diseases are not curable but merely symptom-managed. You are quite young to acquire a lifelong problem that will haunt you in future relationships.