Question: Small tumours on vulva, is it dangerous?

Synthia - Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:56 pm

I'm a female and 18. About few weeks ago, I felt a small bump in my vagina but ignored it because i thought it was nothing. And yesterday, I felt small sac-like tumors on my vulva, It doesn't burn when i pee and it doesnt itch. What could it be? Is it dangerous?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:43 pm

Without an exam I can't say for sure but the most likely cause is a bartholin cyst which results from fluid filling the duct that leads from the bartholin gland - the organ that lubricates the vagina. If this is the case, it is harmless. You can see your doctor to be sure and often they can be removed but draining often results in their return. There are other possibilities such as infected follicles, other cysts, polyps or warts so for an accurate diagnosis you should see your doctor.