Question: Vaginal Itch with NO discharge

Beckers7 - Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:59 am

I have been having intense vaginal itch for over a week. I went to the doctor and he asked for my symptoms and prescribed an antibiotic and a six day cream. But, it is day 5 and it feels worse. It is very red, almost raw and I just want to keep scratching! I have also been using vagisil to try to help with the itch, but nothing seems to be working. If it was a yeast infection, I think it would have responded to the medicine, right? ALso, there is no discharge or smell, just itching. Any help or advice would be appreciated.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:49 am

Perhaps there is a hypersensitive reaction to something. Try an allergy medication (antihistamine) and give your doctor feedback on your lack of progress in this.