Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Urinary hesitancy

 caledonia - Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:12 pm

I'm a female. On my last GYN visit my doctor told me I had vagina atrophy and my bladder was prolapsed a little bit. She told me I should use Estrace cream, but I'm afraid to use it. Would using Vitamin E be o.k. to use? Also sometimes I have urinary hesitancy. Could this be from the vagina atrophy and prolapse bladder?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:34 am

User avatar Hello,
I would use what the doctor recommends but vitamin e in addition would probably be OK. Yes, hesitancy can be a symptom of the prolapse. Some women feel an urge to reach in to shift things in order to empty the bladder. You many be a candidate for surgical repair of the prolapse but the estrogen may help the atrophy.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us