Question: Urinary hesitancy

caledonia - Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:12 pm

I'm a female. On my last GYN visit my doctor told me I had vagina atrophy and my bladder was prolapsed a little bit. She told me I should use Estrace cream, but I'm afraid to use it. Would using Vitamin E be o.k. to use? Also sometimes I have urinary hesitancy. Could this be from the vagina atrophy and prolapse bladder?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:34 am

I would use what the doctor recommends but vitamin e in addition would probably be OK. Yes, hesitancy can be a symptom of the prolapse. Some women feel an urge to reach in to shift things in order to empty the bladder. You many be a candidate for surgical repair of the prolapse but the estrogen may help the atrophy.