Question: I seriously need some help!!

penguinmud - Tue Dec 07, 2004 10:23 am

Hi all - I've been feeling pretty strange lately with some symptoms that don't add up, and I was hoping I might be able to find some help here, since the three doctors I've seen in the past month haven't told me a THING!

First off, I'm a 23 year old female. I went to the doctor about 3 weeks ago with a pretty severe pain in my lower right abdomen. They ruled out appendicitis and referred me to a gynocologist. After an exam and ultrasound, I called to get results and was told only "Everything is completely normal," although I wasn't able to actually speak to a doctor. I also haven't had a period in about 7 months, where I was pretty regular before - the doc gave no explanation for that at all.

Then, last Thursday night, I took myself to the emergency room after having terrifying chest pains and a shortness of breath. The pain came and went twice before I went to the ER, lasting about 30-45 minutes each time. When I went in, an x-ray was performed, and I was told it was likely muscle spasms/chest wall irritation. Each day since then, I've had spells where my chest hurts, occasionally just a discomfort, other times bring tears to my eyes, and usually in the evening. The last couple of days, I've had spots of itching welts pop up and just generally don't feel well. I don't really want to go back to the doctor just to be shoved around and dismissed, but am curious if these symptoms are indicative of anything that might come to mind.

Thanks for any help!!!
 Dr. Russell M - Sun Dec 12, 2004 10:23 am

User avatar Hi!

I am afraid it would be a stretch of wishful thinking to hope for an answer to all our problems from health care providers, let alone over the internet. If a gynecologist has examined you and done the necessary testing, the next best step would be to seek advice from a different gyne of higher standing.

When you had the chest pains, did they take your EKG and blood gas measurements?

bill