Question: Implantation 4 days past ovulation?

Vanna0407 - Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:25 pm

There is a lot of different info on the subject of the timing of implantation. Most things I read say 7-12 days. I'm wondering if it is possible to have implantation earlier than that. Say 3-4dpo. What makes the timing so different for each woman?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:03 pm

Four days would be very early and I doubt that is what is happening. The main reason for the difference is because we don't know exactly when ovulation occurred typically. It is a common misconception that every woman ovulates at day 14 of her cycle. There is wide variation here and there is slight variation at the cellular level as well. In some cases the fertilized ovum does not implant at all and an early miscarriage happens. It's just normal variation of the miracle of conception, development, and childbearing.