Question: Pelvic pain and frequent urination

AlTread879 - Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:07 pm

My stomach has had an a dull pain for the past month and half. It all started when I had diarrhea really bad one night and then had sex the next day. I am on birth control and have been in a monogamous relationship with my boyfriend for the past 4 1/2 years. I just had my period last week and everything was normal (length, flow). But now, the last couple of days, I have had a dull pain in my pelvic region and today I urinated 7-8 times which is very unusual for me.I don't know if my pain is gynecological or gastrological. Could I be pregnant? What else could it be?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:59 pm

Pelvic pain is not a classic sign of early pregnancy so I doubt it is related to that worry. The frequent urination can be a sign of pregnancy or urinary tract infection. I would see a doctor for a urinalysis. Because there are so many organs in the pelvic cavity/abdominal region, it can be difficult to guess at the cause of pain. The doctor will need to examine and/or conduct lab tests to determine the source.