Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Pelvic pain and frequent urination

AlTread879 - Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:07 pm

My stomach has had an a dull pain for the past month and half. It all started when I had diarrhea really bad one night and then had sex the next day. I am on birth control and have been in a monogamous relationship with my boyfriend for the past 4 1/2 years. I just had my period last week and everything was normal (length, flow). But now, the last couple of days, I have had a dull pain in my pelvic region and today I urinated 7-8 times which is very unusual for me.I don't know if my pain is gynecological or gastrological. Could I be pregnant? What else could it be?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:59 pm

User avatar Hello,
Pelvic pain is not a classic sign of early pregnancy so I doubt it is related to that worry. The frequent urination can be a sign of pregnancy or urinary tract infection. I would see a doctor for a urinalysis. Because there are so many organs in the pelvic cavity/abdominal region, it can be difficult to guess at the cause of pain. The doctor will need to examine and/or conduct lab tests to determine the source.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us