Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Scratched vagina with fingers during intercourse?

ilynk - Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:19 am

So I had intercourse with this guy. He used his fingers for a while, then we did have intercourse, but used a condom. Now I have a spot by the ending of my vagina lip near the hole that feels like it was cut, but I didn't see any signs of a cut. It's starting to get itchy down there, no discharge. Is it possible that I just got scratched or torn a little down there? Or is this an STD?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:39 pm

User avatar Hello,
It sounds more like trauma than STD to me. Probably it will resolve in a few days. In the absence of other symptoms I would just allow healing to occur naturally.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us