Question: unsafe sex after taking morning after pill/ brown discharge

vlad - Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:22 pm

I've had an unsafe sex 2 days after my period had just finished and within the next 24 hrs i took a morning after pill (postinor2).

3 days later i had unsafe sex based on the idea that I've already taken the MAP..
2 days later (today) I'm having a brown vaginal discharge (odorless and without itching). I'm freaked out cause I've never experienced this before.

Is it related to:
1-the morning after pill
2-some kind of infection
3- am i pregnant?

please tell me what to do and is it serious or normal?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:07 pm

Discharge such as you describe is not a sign of early pregnancy. Brown discharge usually is old blood and not indicative of infection.

The plan B method is not intended to prevent future possible conception but the effects could be in your system causing your periods to be disrupted. It is best to use a preventive method and only plan B when there is an accident. So, I hope you will discuss this with your health care provider so you will be prepared in the future. For now, I doubt you are pregnant but if you miss a period it could be either related to the pills or rarely, pregnancy, so a test could be done to verify.