Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: klinefelters syndrome, and trying to conceive

 andrewsgirl - Tue Dec 14, 2004 10:50 pm

hi my husband was dignosed with klinefelters syndrome at the age of 18, he is 28 now. and i was wondering what is our best chance of conceiving a child if his sperm count is lower than a normal male. i know what klinefelters is, but he says that according to his doctor, he has a .01% chance of having a child the normal way. and i was wondering whats the best way to help in the process of ttc, we both want children and i would like to know how i can help with the process. any help would be welcomed
 Dr. Russell M - Thu Dec 16, 2004 9:56 pm

User avatar Hi!

I cannot be of more help here. Going by your husband's doctor's advice, you should be consulting an infertility specialist next, if the doctor is not already one.


| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us