Question: Vaginal Swelling

babyeagle22345 - Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:38 pm

Well, my boyfriend fingered me about seven days ago, and afterwards I couldn't walk because my left vaginal lip hurt so bad. It was REALLY swollen and it hurt more near the bottom near my vaginal opening. The pain and swelling decreased daily and was finally gone after six days. Yesterday, it didn't hurt at all, and I pulled off what looked like a scab after going to the restroom. What's going on? What happened? How do I prevent it from happening again?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:03 am

I wonder if your boyfriend had a ragged fingernail or rough skin that caused irritation in this sensitive area. It will likely continue to heal without problems and it might help to give it a rest for a bit. In the future, be sure he has trimmed, neat fingernails and use some lubrication.