Question: Please Help Me

justinamalek - Mon Dec 20, 2004 8:28 am

Hey guys

I am really woried about my girlfriend, she 16 turning 17 in june. She is 10 says for her period and on the 7th fay she went to the hospital to have a oregnancy test. It came out negative but the doctor said its too early to tell. my girlfriend says she sometimes is 3 days early or 3 days late never 7. Is it normal for a girl her age to be going though this really irregular stage. Is her body goiing through a changing phase and does being a vegetarian play a part.

my hopeful comments
- the doctor said not to worry
- i am hoping shes okay

her friends who normally get their period the same time as her have gotten there periods a day apart from each other speaking back yesterday.

Can any of you give me any information ? I would really apprecaite it.

Justin
 Theresa Jones, RN - Mon Dec 20, 2004 8:41 am

User avatar Hi Justin,
My questions are, is her cycles normally fairly regular? Has she experienced any recent illness or increased stress levels? During these conditions sometimes cycles are altered. Being a vegetarian should not, to my knowledge, affect her cycles. If she does not start her cycle soon I would suggest a repeat pregnancy test, but again keep in mind that illness, stress etc. may alter cycles.
 justinamalek - Tue Dec 21, 2004 5:43 am

ummm she went under some stress but her periods are normally regulary 3 days early or late give or take. i am so worried for her... what are your thoughts ?
she has been stressed on the 7th or 8th day because her grand father is having a life threatening heart operation but are u proposing this can pospone the time she gets her period.

thanks, i appreciate your help.

8)
 Kirsty_Oz - Tue Dec 21, 2004 7:09 am

stress can delay or slightly alter her cycle. It is quite possible that worrying for her grandfather can delay her period. However, to be sure that it is stress, and not pregnancy, the only real way is to take pregnancy tests and with consultation with her doctor.

many factors can contribute to periods coming late
- stress
- malnutrition
- preganancy etc etc

i hope all is well.
 justinamalek - Tue Dec 21, 2004 9:06 am

thank you
 justinamalek - Thu Dec 23, 2004 9:23 am

my grlfriend got her period its all good guys, thanks again 8)
 jeepchik - Sat Dec 25, 2004 12:12 pm

Well Im glad that she isnt pregnant. I think what the 2 of you need to do is sit down and discuss birth control. If you are old enough to be sexually active, you are old enough to protect yourself. Having to fret every month isnt worth is. having the peace of mind is much easier. This is a gift you shuld give to the both of you. No one is saying to be intimate, just be smart. A baby changes the whole picuture.
 justinamalek - Sun Dec 26, 2004 3:40 am

thanks, thats what we are going to be doing :D
 Theresa Jones, RN - Mon Dec 27, 2004 7:28 am

User avatar Very good to hear!!!!!!