Question: Pregnancy?

Sparcas - Mon Dec 20, 2004 10:30 pm

I've just had unprotected sex with my girlfriend.
We're both 20 years of age. She has had a miscarriage approx. 6 months ago.

She is currently on the pill, but i do have certain doubts whether she is taking it properly.
The sex lasted about an hour or two, and i had a little too much to drink.

I was informed that the pill, taken correctly, is up to 99.9% effective.
If the pill was not taken correctly what are the odds against me?

If any more details are needed, please reply.
 fl cat - Mon Dec 20, 2004 11:46 pm

It depends on a few things. 1. The 99.9% is labartory setting, same time everyday ect.. In the real world I think it is closer to 95 to 97%. 2. Your odds depend on how she has been taking them, where she is in her cycle, even other medications she may have taken. So no one can say for sure what your odds are. What makes you think she may not be taking them properly?
 Sparcas - Tue Dec 21, 2004 12:33 am

Perhaps i'm just being paranoid, though she seemed reluctant to discuss any real details on the pill, just that she was taking it, and everything should be fine. I shouldn't have to worry, but the thought of a having a child right now, would frighten almost any 20 year old.

I guess another options to enforce birth control, would be to use condoms as well.
Of course there's always abstinence...

Thanks for your input.
 fl cat - Tue Dec 21, 2004 12:44 am

You should use a backup, like a condom. Nothing is 100%, even when taken correctly.
 fl cat - Tue Dec 21, 2004 12:45 am

Sparcas - Tue Dec 21, 2004 12:50 am

Abstinence is 100% ...but u can't have sex while performing abstinence. :lol: