Question: Birth Control/Pregnancy

Wildstreak - Tue Dec 21, 2004 2:35 pm

I'm asking this question for a nagging man friend of mine. His girlfriend stopped taking birth control pills about 3 months ago after being on them for around 2 years. They have had unprotected sex many times and she has not had a period in the last 3 months. Her last period was right after she stopped taking the pill. She has taken many at home pregnancy tests that all come up negative and she does not have any pregnancy symptoms other than no period for the last 3 months. He wants to know if it is normal for her to of not had a period for this long and not be pregnant. I've told him to get her to go to the doctor, but she won't go I guess. So any advice I could relay onto him would be appreciated. Thanks.
 Dr. Russell M - Wed Dec 22, 2004 10:50 pm

User avatar Hi!

A negative pregnancy test is usually dependable. But if the person is still in doubts, one can check the blood for the pregnancy hormone to see if it's elevated. In any case, a visit to the doctor's office would be the best thing to clarify the cause.

bill