Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: soreness in breasts, different from PMS

panama - Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:12 pm

My period is late, which isn't unusual for me. Normally a week after my period has ended my breasts become very sore. I can't even hug!
Up until a few days ago I hadn't had any soreness at all. Then I noticed that they were sore, but only on the outside. It's the same spot on both. I've never had this happen.
If I am pregnant, would this be a normal thing, or would they be sore all over?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:42 pm

User avatar Hello,
If you were pregnant, this could be a symptom but every woman is different and how she might experience breast tenderness (if she does at all) can vary greatly so the type of pain would not be a clue about pregnancy. If you suspect you might be pregnant, take a home test which should be accurate 4-5 weeks from your last menstrual period.

This may just be some hormonal fluctuation and would fall in the range of normal.

Best wishes
 panama - Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:04 pm

Thank you for taking time to answer me! May YHWH God bless you!
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:39 am

User avatar Of course - thanks for posting.

Debbie

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us