Question: Can you get pregnant if you do not have a menstrual cycle

blankname - Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:56 pm

I have been on one kind of birth control or another from a straight 25 plus years. The lastest being the Depo-shot for over 5 years. I have not taken any birth control for a little over a year. I also have not had a menstrual cycle (the entire time taking the shot) and since then. I had intercourse a few weeks ago. Is it possible to become pregnant if you do not have a menstrual cycle? blankname
 Debbie Miller, RN - Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:37 pm

Usually absence of menstruation as you describe means you are not ovulating for some reason but this is something that could occur spontaneously, even if you have not ovulated in the past, so there is a possibility of pregnancy if you are active at that particular time (if you ovulated at all).

I hope this helps.