Question: bleeding after orgasm

noelmarie - Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:27 am

i was on the depo shot for a little over 4 years. my last shot was march 2008. in november i started bleeding for almost 3 weeks straight. my doctor put me on doxycycline twice a day for ten days, and prometrium once a day for 21 days. i finished them 5 days ago. now when i have an orgasm i have heavy bleeding right after, then it slows and quits. usually within a day.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:17 pm

I suspect your hormones are still fluctuating after the depo and medications to stop the bleeding. This alone would not be terribly alarming. I would give it a few months to see if it settles down. If not, you should see your doctor for sure. Meanwhile, it wouldn't hurt to call the doctor to explain what is happening. Is it possible you are having rough sex that is causing some trauma to the vagina?