Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: bulky uterus

whysoserious? - Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:55 am

hi, i m 46 yr old female having bulky uterus ..i m having heavy bleeding for 10days everymonth with clots ..i hv done fractional curretage and cervical biopsy which showed tat my endometrium had become highly proteinaceous ans secretory.. i hv tremendous pain during mense and my breast become sore .my ucl is 5 inches ..my usg showed bulky uterus.i hv being taking progesterone therapy frm a month nw..........please suggest a possible treatment and is hysterectomy a valid option....
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:58 pm

User avatar Hello,
I would say you still have a few options if the hormone therapy does not help. First would be uterine ablation. This can be very effective and not so invasive a procedure. The hysterectomy is a viable option but these days we usually prefer to try everything else first. But, considering your age, it can be a good option if needed. Of course all surgery comes with risks so it would be a concern in that way.

You may find that a few more months on the medication therapy will make a difference so try to be patient and give it a chance. In the meantime, talk to your doctor about ablation and read up about it as well as hysterectomy.

Best wishes.
 whysoserious? - Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:42 am

thank you debbie for your valuable suggestion.........
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:14 pm

User avatar You are welcome,

Good luck.

Debbie

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us