Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: menstruation help

luckylissa28 - Fri Dec 24, 2004 12:14 pm

I'm 16 years old and I normally have my period on the 1st or 2nd of every month. This month I got my period 8 days early and its redder than usual, and it is very light (it only lasted about one day). Is this normal?
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Fri Dec 24, 2004 2:48 pm

User avatar You may get your menstrual period every two or three weeks. This can be because of stress, some types of exercise, and other changes in your life. Dieting may also affect the regularity of your cycles. Have you experienced any such changes? Young women who have had regular periods for several years may have occasional missed periods.
Medical help may be needed if the periods are very heavy, painful, prolonged, frequent or have stopped for more than 4 months.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us