Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Bubble near anus

 xtremeangel - Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:44 am

I recently had anal sex for the first time and the next day i noticed a dime size bubble next to the anus entrance. what is it? is it serious? should i go to my doctor?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:12 pm

User avatar Hello,
I wonder if it could be a hemorrhoid. This is one of the risks with anal sex and possible trauma to the tissues. Can you gently push it back into the rectum itself? Usually hemorrhoids can be manipulated this way since they are protruding enlarged veins from the inside of the rectum. If this is the case, it is not serious but could become painful and worsen if you have a tendency toward them, especially if you become constipated and strain with stooling. Rest, sitz baths, and ointment with moistened pads such as Tucks will help reduce the swelling.

If you are still wondering and it does not sound like hemorroids you should have a doctor evaluate it.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us