Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site. 

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: uterine fluttering...possibly pregnant?

mattayla - Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:12 am

I have been having abnormal periods since the beginning. I have taken 3 pregnancy tests within 3 months and all have come back negative. i have looked up pregnancy symptoms on the computer many times and on a list of 10 i have 7 including 1 that i didn't even know was possible. here are some of my weird findings:

nausea w/o vomiting
    slight non painful cramping
    abdominal fluttering lasts for no more than a couple of seconds
    harder to pass a bowel movement but not constipated
    aureole are a different color but breasts don't hurt
    always hungry and thirsty. rarely full and never can quench my thirst
    constant urination
    lower back pain
    lightheaded but no fainting
    constant headaches that i have never had before
    excessive acne used to have a clear face
    i was a smoker but can no longer stand the taste of any cigarette
    i used to love ranch but now i can no longer stand the taste
    all i want is onions pickles mustard and mayonnaise on bread
    last but not least i have a metallic taste in my mouth like having a coin or sometimes it kind of tastes like blood but i check and i am not bleeding.

i thought i got my period close to usual but since october i have noticed twice i had a few light spots and it lasted no more than a half an hour. it is really weird and is there a reason?

Debbie Miller, RN - Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:51 am

User avatar Hello,
The hard thing about pregnancy prediction is that the symptoms you describe could be related to pregnancy or a wide variety of other conditions - even normal hormonal fluctuation, thyroid or other endocrine disorders, etc. All you can do is take tests to see if you are pregnant.

Fluttering is not a symptom of early pregnancy but more likely GI related. Bowel changes could be related to dietary intolerances or sensitivities, irritable bowel syndrome, etc.

You might consider having a blood (serum) pregnancy test which can be more accurate because it is more sensitive and some women's hcg levels are not as high early on.

Best wishes

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us