Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Obstetrics

Question: what are the chances of him being the father?

here21 - Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:09 pm

I have recently become pregnant and I am wondering what the chances of becoming pregnant during my period after I had just gotten off of birth control. I stopped taking birth control in Nov. Then I must have gotten pregnant in Dec. My last cycle started around Dec first and I have a pretty regular cycle. I was sexually violated and I am concerned that the child is the child of the one who hurt me and not my loving fiancee. My fiancee and I were still sexually active during what is estimated my most fertile time. Please help me figure out what my chances are of it being from the man I love.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:42 am

User avatar Hello,
During your period after going off your pills is a very unlikely time for ovulation and conception. It is considered the safest time for someone to take a chance having unprotected sex without becoming pregnant.

I hope this is the news you desire.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us