Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: pain

 Ashy24 - Sat Jan 01, 2005 6:45 pm

For the past two times after Ive had sex with my boyfriend, my butt bone tends till feel like its bruised for a number of days. And i noticed this when I went to get a pelvic ultrsound, and they had to use a camera up in my vaginal area. And afterwards my butt bone hurt really bad, and then I relized what it was from. What could be causing this??
 Dean M. Mitchell - Mon Mar 14, 2005 3:57 am

Dear Ashy24,

It doesnt sounds like it has a specific medical reason. It can be a inner temporary damage, kind of like the outside mark we see on the skin when we have a bruise.
My advice is to cut down on the sexual intercourse for a month or two to help it heal, I also suggest no other vaginal activities/ penetration for that period of time If it still hurts after that period of time you may have to see your physcician.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us