Question: High HCG levels after D&C

D&C levels high - Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:07 pm

I found out I was pregnant in August. At my 12 week appointment (96,000 HCG) there was no heartbeat to be found and no fetal pole just a sac. After monitoring my HCG levels for a month (they were dropping slowly) and not passing things naturally, I had a D&C. My levels the week after were 20,000, a month later 3,000 and now 1,000. It has been 2 months since the D&C. My doctor wants to wait 2 weeks before we test again.. What are some reason for such low drop??? Is a trophoblast tumor the only thing to be concerned about?? Or could there be other causes?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:15 pm

The time it takes for levels to drop can be related to how high they were to begin with and this can vary from a few days to a few weeks. I think your doctor is on the right track and I suspect yours will continue to drop.

Best of luck in your future plans.