Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Pain right side lower abdomen during intercourse

mina417 - Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:58 pm

I had a DNC about a year ago due to a miscarriage, and ever since the procedure I have had occasional pain during intercourse (maybe one in four times). Recently, they pain has increased and I can feel a hard "lump", about two to three inches long, in my lower right abdomen during intercourse right where the pain is radiating from. I only feel the lump during intercourse. The pain can sometimes last for hours after the intercourse, as a dull ache. The pain does not feel as though it is in my vagina, but higher than that, and specifically on the right side. There was a very similar pain in the exact location during the DNC procedure. I have not been to a doctor about this. I would appreciate any ideas/information regarding this pain. Thank you.

Mina417
 Debbie Miller, RN - Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:53 pm

User avatar Hello,
I doubt this is related to the D&C but probably is coincidental that it occurred at this time. You could have ovarian cysts or even endometriosis - both of which can cause pain with intercourse. You should speak with your doctor about this.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us