Question: bleeding after hysterectomy

mystic67 - Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:23 pm

Thank you for taking my question. I had a complete vaginal hysterectomy in
June of 2008 for a non cancerous condition. Rrecently I have been having
vaginal bleeding after intercourse and spotting that has continued for several
days afterward. I have not had any pain or problems with lubrication etc. Just
the bleeding. What could be the cause. I have heard that their could be a problem
with the way the cuff is healing??
Thank you,
Mystic
 Debbie Miller, RN - Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:20 pm

It is possible you are having some hormonal fluctuation that is leaving the vaginal lining thinner and more susceptible to trauma, especially with sexual intercourse. I would discuss it with your doctor, but I doubt it is a healing problem.