Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Obstetrics

Question: Birth control or pregnant

engaged - Wed Jan 05, 2005 7:32 pm

HI!! My name is jessica and this is the first time i have been here. I had my period the week of december 21st and i usually go for 7 days. I am on the patch but i forgot it last month so i started back on it this month. I wore it for 1 week and then forgot to change it on sunday. since i was 2 days late on it i couldn't start it again, but yesterday I started my period again. I am always regular. every 28 days i have my period. Monday, (the day before i started my period) the condom broke while i was having sex with my fiance. Does the period have something to do with the birth control or could i be pregnant? please help me!!!!!!
 GABRIELLA04 - Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:24 am

Hi I used the patch to and I had a similar thing happen to me. You probrably aren't pregnant. When you screw up using the patch (like forgetting to put it on the day that your supposed to) like I did then it sets your period all out of wack. My period is just now starting to get regular again. I had went 38 days before I got mine. It will probably get back to normal in a month or so.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us